4/22/13

A Long-Overdue Update

I feel like I haven't posted in a year.  That makes me really sad because this blog is really my only place I write down memories of Audrey, our family, and things I want to remember.  So, I have a lot of catching up to do!

Audrey is turning into a little lady more and more each day.  She's quickly transforming from baby to "kid" and seems so grown up lately.  She is really good at communicating her thoughts now and it's so interesting to hear how she's processing situations.  Last night as we were driving home from Grandma's, she kept saying that it looked like we were in outer space because it was so dark outside.  She told us about the stars and that being in the dark was kind of scary.  She loves explaining her surroundings and loves even more when we tell her all about everything we see.  It makes for some lengthy walks/park visits, but sometimes I envy Audrey's appreciation and natural curiosity for everything around her.  She's really taught me to "stop and smell the roses" both figuratively and literally.

Audrey's personality is definitely showing itself these days.  She cracks us up with the things she says and her interests.  Recently she's turned into quite the princess.  She loves the movie Cinderella and would watch it all day if we let her.  She loves to wear jewelry (those cheap, Martigras-looking kind) and it has to match the color of her shirt.  She'll insist on wearing her necklaces to the store, the park, the library, really everywhere! I've never taught her about jewelry, and don't wear a ton myself, so it's pretty funny to see her naturally be so interested in the idea.  She LOVES wearing "clippies" in her hair and loves to pick one out each day.  I love that she loves wearing clips so much because if she didn't she'd have her hair in her face all day long.  Sometimes, even her stuffed friends need clippies before they can leave the house, too. :)












I'm very concerned about creating a positive relationship with Audrey that she cherishes.  I am constantly trying to think of fun and meaningful activities for us to do together.  Recently I've realized something I knew all along -- that the little moments are the most fun for both of us.  I just love being silly with Audrey and she even remembers it!  I made her this breakfast on Saturday morning, and she's still talking about it!

One of her favorite things to do is look at pictures I've taken on my phone.  Of all the cute pictures I've captured, this one is her favorite to look at:



Even though I've gotten better at relishing in the little moments with Audrey, we still find lots of activities to keep us busy!  I always joke with people that Audrey is my little puppy, I have to just let her run free at least once a day.  She's very high-energy and needs to release it all or we end up with a super grump.  Some of our favorite activities have been at the trampoline park and a gymnastics center that has an open gym.



I have so many pictures of Audrey I want to share and each captures a moment that I love, so the rest of this post is just going to be pictures with captions.  There are a lot, so you may need a break to get a snack in between if you're reading. ;)


Do you know how long it takes me to get ready during the week?  Approx. 10 minutes.  In that time, Audrey opened the pantry, got out the chocolate milk mix, and proceeded to stuff it in her face.  I asked from the bathroom, "Audrey, what are you doing?"  She said, "eating chocolate!"  I ran to see what was up and found this on my kitchen floor.  I was was struggling between being angry and laughing my head off.  You gotta find humor in these kind of situations, or you'll never make it.  Plus, it was a pretty easy clean up since it was on the tile.  Nothing my little hand vacuum couldn't handle!

Before getting her jammies on one night Audrey asked Tony to hold her.  He scooped her up and she said, "dance with me like a prince!"  So they held hands and spun around in her room while he sang a waltz for her.  I wish I could have gotten a better picture because it was such a sweet moment that I want to remember forever.

Audrey will often come up to me and say, "tell me say cheese!"  which means she wants her picture taken.  She flashes some pretty cheesy grins sometimes!

I love this one.  She insisted on wearing her pretend fairy wings and wore them over her jammies for most of the morning.

Lunch at the park on a beautiful Saturday.

Lovey bunny comes with us on many adventures.

Audrey's started to have very strong opinions on her outfits and is very insistent on what she wears.  This day just made me laugh because of the ensemble she picked out.  She was so confident in it I didn't dare make her change.  Striped shirts, leggings, and sports sandals may not have been what *I* would have chosen for her to wear, but I loved how awesome she felt in it.


When I was little and my parents would take me to McDonald's, I would always pull apart my hamburger and eat the patty first, then the bread.  (I know I'm weird.)  The other day we were busy and couldn't get home for lunch so I got Audrey a hamburger in the drive-thru.  She, without any knowledge of what I used to do as a kid, pulled apart her hamburger, ate the patty first, then ate the bread.  Too weird!

The Easter Bunny brought Audrey quite the duck for Easter!

Audrey and I were hanging out in the shade at the zoo.  It was a very hot day in Nevada and the two of us are the fairest of them all :)

Easter egg hunting!

Dancing in the warm weather in St. George

We were loving the warm weather in St. George when we went over Easter weekend.
  



Proof that snuggles exist past one year old. :)

Dad reading bedtime stories

We have been so lucky to make some new friends lately.  This is Nori, and Audrey loves her.  They have been so good for each other and now have the cutest little friendship.  It's great to have a friend for Audrey, but also a friend for me!










New shoes!  Audrey loves shoes!



Audrey helped me make chocolate chip cookies one night.  It was really fun and she really enjoyed it.  The cookies needed a bit more flour (because somebody dumped a lot of it out while she was stirring) but they were still yummy because we made them together!



PHEW!  That was hard.  Maybe I should keep this thing up-to-date so I don't have to write a mega post!

No comments:

Post a Comment