4/29/13

Easter in St. George

I'm finally getting around to playing catch-up on this blog, so one of today's posts will be a month old!  This year we decided that it would be fun to spend Easter in St. George, Utah.  Tony's parents have a house down there, the weather would be warm, and Tony had Good Friday off (we're still not sure why!)  We were able to go to the zoo, swim, hunt for Easter eggs without jackets on, and cross off one of "Hollie's Biggest Fears Having a Child in Public" list items...(more on that last one later.)

I wasn't sure if Audrey would be into Easter egg hunting but she got right down to business and surprised us all.  Tony and his dad went easy on Audrey and told everyone that the ones on the grass were for Audrey only.  At first she'd only pick up the yellow eggs, but when she realized there was chocolate in them, she was more than willing to pick up the rest.  After she'd collected all of them, she asked Tony to throw them back on the ground so she could hunt them again.  It was probably the longest Easter egg hunt I've ever been a part of, but it was the best one, too.

Hunting for eggs!

She found a tricky one!
 Audrey's love obsession with ducks is well-known by everyone, and apparently even the Easter bunny!  She got a life-sized duck and immediately fell in love.  She takes after her mom with creativity in naming her toys so this guy is named "Big Duck."





I know what you're wondering.  "What is this big fear you got to cross off your list?"

As a parent, there is a list of certain things you hear about but hope and pray never happen to you.  Your kid mooning the principal, your kid throwing up on you in the airplane, your kid POOPING IN THE POOL AND SHUTTING IT DOWN ON ONE OF THE BUSIEST WEEKENDS IN ST. GEORGE.

Yeah.  Audrey single-handedly closed down the pool on Saturday.  Whenever we travel Audrey gets weird with her stomach/bathroom going.  When I purchased the swim diapers in St. George I had even thought to myself, "should I get the bigger size?  Her weight qualifies, but she's so skinny!"  Audrey is a very tall, skinny girl.  She can still wear 18 month pants as capris :).  Going against my better judgement, I bought the bigger size and the rest is history.  Poop.  In the pool.  Everywhere.  We had to tell everyone to get out, call the HOA and it was closed for the rest of the weekend.  I was beyond embarrassed that I made Tony's poor dad take care of it all.

I'm sure this isn't the first item on my biggest fears list Audrey will help me cross off.

Despite the pool incident (which is actually kind of a funny story now) we had a lovey weekend in St. George and even got to see Auntie Carleigh who lives in Florida.  Audrey loved seeing her and got to spend the evening with her while we went to see a movie.

It was a great weekend together and we're glad we were able to spend time as a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment