10/26/07

България!

Yesterday I had a splendid day! My classes all went well, I got to see Tony a lot, and best of all--the internship fair. I went to this fair to see what kinds of things MFHD majors do with their lives, because honestly, I wasn't sure. I walked in planning on finding a local Utah company that I could get hooked up with for a short time. I dragged Tony along, hoping he would be some moral support. I walked through all of the booths, and somehow spotted one that said Bulgaria. The girl at the table told me a little about the program, and it sounded so wonderful! (They WANT me to teach music to these little Bulgarians in an orphanage!) Really, it just feels like the right thing for me to do. Everytime I think about us going, I just get goosebumps and I feel so great. So, probably fall of '08, Tony and I will head off to the land of dyuners and plain yoghurt. :)

I'm so excited it isn't even funny. I've already learned a little Bulgarian, and Tony is more than willing to teach me. We promised the coordinator that I'd be semi-fluent by the time we arrived in Plovdiv. I am so so excited!

1 comment: