10/22/07

Sunday of Youngsters

This past weekend was VERY relaxing. I'm grateful that I had the time to re-charge over the weekend. Probably one of the more interesting things that happened was the Primary Program on Sunday. Each child gave a scripture and a little blurb about how they can serve their family. There were some humorous responses, of course, and it was nice to laugh a bit during our meeting. This program included such hits as "Hee Hen"(...this is my beloved son "Hear Him") , "Faith is like a little Seep", and "I know that My Reedemer Limbs". The way the sunbeams sing the songs can by itself make me laugh all day long. My favorite part about it, though, was it was one of those very few and far between times where you could tell some of the kids felt the spirit. It's always nice to see that happen because you can tell it really touches them. Then, of course they were hoolagins during class because they had to sit so still in front of their parents. We did a lot of let-your-crazies-out dancing, which seemed to help.

Even though sometimes those kids just frustrate me to no end, I still love 'em and I'm glad I can be a Sunbeam teacher. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment