3/25/08

Easter Celebration

I hope that everyone had a simiply wonderful Easter this year! Tony and I had a pretty good one. We celebrated with Tony's family, some of Tony's family's friends, and Bulgarians! Tony decided to invite some of his Bulgarian friends over because they didn't really have a place to celebrate, and in Bulgaria, Easter is a big deal. It was fun to talk with them (in Bulgarian) and they were super nice and super patient with my Bulgarian skills. Too bad all of the Bulgarians I'll see when I'm in Bulgaria won't be like them! What fun girls.

I made my highly-anticipated chocolate-covered peanut butter eggs. They were a hit! I loved them, and so did everyone else. I took my own little spin on it and colored some white chocolate and put little stripeys on the eggs so they looked more festive. Yummmy! I'm just going to make them for every holiday and just shape the peanut butter into different shapes (hearts for V-tine's day, Christmas trees for Christmas, etc.).

We hunted for eggs, had ham and deviled eggs, and did all of the typical Eastery things one can do. It was super fun and quite relaxing. Now on to April Fool's day....:D

2 comments:

  1. Hollie, you can't mention a yummy chocolate peanut butter filled egg and not include the recipe! If it is a "secret" we can talk later..wink wink. PS I still need the potato soup one too.....maybe you should just photocopy your cookbook and email it! Happy Belated Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I couldn't make it last Sunday, if I wasn't puking I would have been there for sure! :) Thanks for the left overs, they were great!

    ReplyDelete