3/19/08

I got my passport, shout hoo-ray!

Today I recieved my passport in the mail. This was quite an exciting event for me because it means I am one step closer to my Bulgarian internship. So many things have been happening to me dealing with Bulgaria. We've gotten three lovely, generous, wonderful, donations so far that have helped us more than the people who've donated probably realize! Each time we get a check in the mail I can't help but rack it up on the scoreboard when I count my blessings (instead of sheep) :).

Lately I've been having some interesting experiences with this whole Bulgaria dealy. I've been a little discouraged about my support system, and it's kind of left me down in the dumps. The other morning (I think it was Monday before work) I said a quick, little prayer. I really needed help dealing with this because every once in a while it makes me super sad to think about all the stuff that goes on with people supporting/not supporting my internship. After I prayed, I sat and thought for a bit about why I decided to go to Bulgaria......*wispy flashback clouds and harp music*......

Back in September, shortly after Tony's birthday, I was embarking on a new adventure named MFHD major. One particular day I was feeling discouraged and was possibly regretting my switch from music to MFHD frankly because I didn't know what MFHD majors did when they were out of college. I had been praying daily for help coping with these feelings and felt very lost in this new world. I decided to mozy into the internship fair that was going on that particular day to look at my options, just to see what kinds of jobs I could get as a grown-up college grad. . Right as I walked in I saw it: "One-Heart Bulgaria". "Hmm," I thought. "Tony served there, I wonder what that's all about. I'm sure he would think it was neat if I told him I visited a Bulgarian booth at my internship fair." This was the first and last booth I visited at the fair. I talked with the people at the booth for quite some time, and felt inspiration. Not because Tony served his mission there, not because I wanted to throw a wrench into anyone's plans, but because (I believe) Heavenly Father was answering my prayers. He let me know that my new field of study was one that He was happy with for me. Thinking about this experience gives me goosebumps because I really felt the spirit very strongly when I prayed about this desicion to go to Bulgaria. It made my life so much easier!! :) I know that my Father in Heaven is proud that I am sacrificing my time, money, and efforts to go help his children in Bulgaria.
... *cue wispy clouds* ...

After recalling this experience I've felt a new urge to be in Bulgaria. Since I've made this decision I've wanted to go to Bulgaria to help the children, and visit a place so special to Tony but there was also a hint of spite mixed in for those who didn't approve of my international dream. This week I've simmered that spite out and I feel like now I desire to be there for all of the right reasons. I met with Dr. Magarrell, my internship coordinator, on Tuesday and she made me feel marvelous about my Bulgaria adventure that lies ahead.

I want to thank everyone who is supporting me, I really need it and appreciate it very much. We are so thankful that people are helping our cause!

Now all I have to do is get a visa and learn the language and I'm all set to go!


Сърдечни Поздрави!

3 comments:

  1. I thought it was time I stepped out of my blog-reading anonymity. :) Good luck on your preparations for Bulgaria. I think it's so great you have an opportunity to do something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will have so much fun in Bulgaria! when do you leave? I'm so excited to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I've thought you were amazing since the first time you told me you were going. I know I can't be much help financially but I really do admire the work you and TOny have put into going and I think it will be a great adventure for you both.

    ReplyDelete