4/8/08

Late Show with Hollie Anderson

Okay, so 11:30 isn't LATE, but it worked well for the title of my blog.

This past week for us has been quite eventful. It all started last Friday evening, shortly after Tony finished his last final exam for college! Yay Tony! We were both feeling kind of lousy, but we had no idea what was in store. Luckily, it was conference weekend, so we could relax a little more than usual. Saturday night, despite my feeling yucky, I went out "Graduation surprise gift" shopping for Tony. I've been pretty sneaky lately and I've got a whopper of a surprise planned for Tony, even though he could probably guess what it was in 3-5 guesses.

I LOVE surprising Tony! Nothing can make me giddy like surprising Tony with something I know he'll like. That is why Tony isn't allowed to guess what I got him because if he guesses correctly, I may break down in tears.

-ANYWAY-
Our sicknesses got worse and now we're left with a blocked ear tube (can't remember the name) for me, and some EAV virus for Tony. Tony went through some pretty horrible stuff today at the Health Center, but luckily they're pretty sure it's this EAV thing..which seems reasonable to handle.

Other than sickness and surprises, we're doing the same ol' routine. Me being bombarded with school project after project (even though I will admit I've been blessed with a couple of pretty generous teachers), and Tony working his tailfeather off. I'm anticipating the end of this semester not only because that is when I will reveal the surprise I have for Tony, but because I need a break! I haven't had a summer break from college since I've been here! Aside from tour...but that's hardly a break.

One rant before I leave you....
Okay, so I'm pretty ticked with my job right now. A month ago, yes a MONTH ago, I talked to my supervisor about switching to full time this summer. She said yes, that was great. On Monday, however, she took back the two extra days and informed me that I couldn't switch to full time! Apparently the woman who is above my supervisor, decided that an intern needed to be there the two days I wanted to be there. Is this okay? No. I felt very hurt by this, not to mention frustrated! Tony and I are saving our booties off to be able to afford Bulgaria and have some money in savings for when we get back. I was counting on working full-time to be able to help our cause. Now all of a sudden, no way Jose! It REALLY ruffles my feathers and needless to say, I'm currently looking for a new job.

Any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. I don't have many suggestions for you... I'm in the same boat. I really like working at a hotel- the hours are weird, but its kinda fun. Check out Yjobs too. good luck.

    We miss you guys, come play sometime.

    Congrats Tony!!

    ReplyDelete