10/28/08

Busy Week

Let me just start off by apologizing for the music that comes on when you look at our blog. I liked the song for the picture show below at the time, but now it is driving me nuts. You can mute it by clicking on the little speaker. I'll try to post a lot so that we can get that off of there!

This week is going to be a very busy one for us. The whole weekend I was kind of dreading the upcoming week, because I knew that we had so much to do. We are hosting our Halloween party this Friday and we've got lots of decorations and food to prepare. Oh, yeah, and I'm teaching a bunch of kids the Thriller dance. I'm not really sure why I decided I wanted to do it, but I figured it was an American Halloween classic. I spent the whole weekend learning and I taught my first "dance class" today by myself. I was terrified but I think I did pretty well seeing as how I'm neither a dancer nor a speaker of the Bulgarian language.

I was fearing that the kids would not really get into the dance and I would have wasted all of this time learning it and thinking of creative ways to teach it. When I went today, however, it was a different story. I told them (in Bulgarian) that we are going to practice every day at 2pm and if they didn't want to, it's better that they not participate because I don't want to waste everyone's time. They all responded with an enthusiastic "oh no way, we're doing this!" Then I told them I wanted them to take it seriously so it could be fun for everyone and they promised me that they would be serious :). Cute kids! AND they're fantastic dancers! We learned over half the dance in 1.5 hours and they want me to come back at 6:30 tonight to teach them the rest. One girl, Pepa, said that it was best to just learn the whole dance and then keep repeating it and the others agreed. So, I suppose that's what we'll do. We're all planning on dressing up for the dance and the kids are so excited to perform it for the party. We'll definitley put up the video of that. After all, I'm sure you're all dying to see me shake it on the dance floor, nali?

So, as we assemble our trash bag tarantulas and experiment with cider recipies, we'll be thinking of you in the US and feeling sorry that you couldn't come to the biggest, baddest, Bulgarian Halloween party ever.

Muahahahaha....

No comments:

Post a Comment