5/6/09

Field Trip!

Today I took the kids I nanny to the Museum of Ancient Life at Thanksgiving Point. It was a really cool place! I was sad that Tony couldn't join us because it was totally up his alley. Here are some pictures and videos from our prehistoric adventure.




This was cracking me up all day. Gracie was so excited to go, but she can't say "museum" correctly. Everytime she would say "yay! We're going to the Dinosaur Museum!" I would just crack up. Cute kid.






Getting ourselves geared up for the Dino madness! Raawr!





This picture was a pretty funny experience. This is the head of one of those long-necked dinosaurs (I couldn't LEARN a whole lot while at the museum with kids, so I don't know the actual name). We were at an activity station probably making fossil pictures when Gracie looked up and screamed. She looked up and saw this dinosaur looking over our shoulders with his mouth wide open and he scared her. How rude!


These T-Rex's were having some sort of family dispute.


Riding some strange looking dinosaur


Exploring the caves!





Digging in the quarry


I'm not going to lie, this scared me a little. I couldn't get too close because it gave me the heebie-jeebies!





This was such a fun day! I learned a lot about myself, the kids, and how tiring it is to run after kids running in two different directions at a huge museum. I'm gaining much appreciation for all you moms out there. It's such a fun job to be able to play with kids all day but boy, does it wear me out!

1 comment:

  1. what cute kids! Looks like a great time, and you're right. There are few things that are more tiring than chasing kids around a busy museum. Thanks for reminding me it's time to take my own again soon!

    ReplyDelete