6/26/10

House Hunting

Today was a really exciting day for us.  Our real estate agent came to our apartment, picked us up, and showed us some houses in Pleasant Grove and Lehi (Orem is up for next week).  At first we were a little disappointed because one of our mortgage lenders we called only had an offer for us that was a little high for the down payment.  But Dana, our adorable agent, told us about all kinds of government programs that we qualify for to help us out!  Its such a good time to buy a house right now.  The prices are low and the interest rates are like at 4%.

We saw two that we really liked, one MEGA fixer-upper, and another one that we weren't too fond of.  The fixer-upper is huge, but we would have to do a lot of replacing floors and some windows.  Lots of stuff.  It's tempting us because we could potentially make money on it when we sell.  But who knows.

Right now, I must say I feel the right to brag about my wifey skills.  I am currently sitting in our office/weight bench room making jerseys for Tony and Sherwin (Carleigh's fiancee) for the rec. basketball league.  We couldn't find any reversible jerseys ANYWHERE so we improvised and I got some iron on transfer paper made specifically stretchy for uniforms.  They are looking quite good, if I say so myself!

Busy day, but I learned a lot and it was really fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment