6/19/10

I'm Quitting My Job...

...and running for a living!


It seems like whenever I go for a jog around noon, I find money laying on the side of the road!  It's mine to keep because out in the middle of nowhere on the side of the road...where do I turn in money?  I usually find about 20 bucks, but today I only found $14.  I'm chalking it up to the carnival that was going on yesterday.  A lot of people were parked by our apartments and so I'm sure someone accidentally dropped their cash.  I feel bad, I really do.

In other news, I have officially made July 7th finals day for me.  This coming week I have NO work (the family is on vacation) and so I am going to sit around at home and be a homework doin' fool.  I should be almost done with my classes by the time next week is over, and I think that's just great.  Soon enough my graduation stuff will be here, and I can make it official!  Tony is taking me tonight to buy a dress I've been lusting after, and I plan on wearing it at my graduation (and probably to some other places before then, too).  I'm really happy that my family is going to come out and sit through that horribly boring commencement ceremony.  But, I'm sure that 3 seconds of me walking across the stage will be more than worth it for everyone in attendance.

I've been thinking of some hobbies I'd like to start after I finish school.  I don't know if they'd ever happen, but who knows!  I'd love to take a cake decorating class so I can make some fabulous birthday cakes.  I love making cakes but the decorating I am not so good at.  (And I just BARELY got decent and making cakes without having an emotional meltdown)  I'd really like to take some professional cooking classes, too.  I am so excited to read a book that I want to read!  Sayanara textbooks!  I am also hoping that having less school will give me more time to focus on training for a half marathon.  I've got a whole list of things I'd like to do, but those are just a few of the things I've been thinking of recently.  Oh--and I'd like to get a job.