8/19/08

Motivation...

...or lack thereof.

As you may know, I recently had my wisdom teeth removed. (All is well, I'm all healed up, by the way). Before this operation, I was getting pretty gung-ho about this running program I was on. I was making noticable improvements, feeling better, and I was exercising EVERY day. It was great, and I was beginning to feel like a healthy person!

Well, obviously after a surgery--running isn't an option. The dentist told me to rest from physical activity for about a week. A WEEK?! At first this was a bummer to me, but then I thought to myself, "Psshh, I love running! I'll be back in no time!" I was dying to go for a run throughout my recovery and was anxiously awaiting the day that I could go again, when I got my stitches removed.

Well, pals, today is that day. I had my stitches (painfully) taken out this morning and the doc says I'm healing up just fine. However, the last thing I want to do right now is...R-U-N. It is amazing to me that missing a week of your workout can turn you back in to a big, fat, lazy, bum. I would much rather go upstairs, grab a soda, and watch TLC in bed all night long. Running sounds SO lame right now!! But alas, I must run, for I will become fat if I don't. All I have to do is remember the good old days when running was fun for me.

So, wish me luck kiddos...I'm off!

2 comments:

  1. I hear ya! I'm all about watching TLC in bed! In fact, I'm watching "What Not to Wear" right now! lol! Gotta love Stacy & Clinton! Maybe I'll run tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. K don't get me jealous. We down graded our channels package and I totally miss all my favs, like TLC. Oh well, I guess I wouldn't have time right now to watch them anyway. If you see something cool though, let me know!

    ReplyDelete