6/7/09

Indiana Trip!

Tony and I took our annual trip to Indiana this past week. We would have gone at Christmastime, but we decided to wait and go when my sister, Andrea, graduated from high school. We got to see my family's new home, and it is beautiful! It was nice to have our own space in the basement even though Baylie, the golden retriever, was scratching daily on the door for our attention :).
The second night we were there we had a big family get-together. It was AWESOME! We made delicious kebabs and salad. There was yummy fruit and a delicious dessert made by two awesome sisters (pictured below).

This is my sister, Morgan and me. We make one mean trifle! It was her idea to add the artistic strawberry slices and blueberries on top of the whipped cream. She'll be a great chef when she's older. (Isn't she the cutest?!?!)

Because Andrea came and visited me in March, I promised Morgan that we would do something special, just the two of us. A few weeks before I came out I mentioned something to her about how I needed to get my eyebrows waxed. We eventually came up with the idea that I would take Morgan to get her eyebrows waxed for the first time ever. We went Friday morning to our friend Alene (thanks again Alene, you did an awesome job!) She was super nervous probably because she made ME go first and watched it, but she survived. I could tell that she really liked the way her eyebrows looked.

Here's a picture, post-waxing, to document this momentous occasion, haha.


Friday night was Andrea's graduation. It was neat to be there and see it, though I am not sure if she realized I was even there, haha! It was sweltering hot in the gymnasium and we were all dripping in sweat when we left. To cool off, we HAD to head over to Steak 'n Shake for some refreshing milkshakes! Mmmm.



Tony left us on Sunday because he had work and so we saved all of the mega-girl party stuff for Monday and Tuesday. Monday my mom and I took Morgan downtown to get a makeover at the MAC cosmetics counter. She was really hesitant to let them do her makeup, and didn't really want a makeover, but once they started doing it she lit up and thought she was hot to trot (and she was!) I got a picture of her "smokey eye" look so she could remember how to do it.

Wow, she looks like a supermodel!!!!


I was glad we got to visit with my family, and I'm especially glad I got to spend so much time with my sister, Morgan! Andrea was mostly out with her friends (typical teen) so I didn't see much of her at all, but I really got to spend some good, and much needed, sisterly time with Morgie Porgie! She's so much fun :) Good times, good people, good food, good shopping, and good fun! I can't wait for them to come out to visit Utah!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! From makeover to a week in the woods with no straightener! Those are some extremes to put Morgan through!

    ReplyDelete