6/7/09

Silver Lake Hike

Saturday Tony and I decided to try out a new hike. We found a hike in American Fork canyon because it's close, and neither of us had been up there! Tony found a good-sized one called the Silver Lake hike. It was about 4 miles roundtrip, but you gain a lot of elevation (1,500 feet to be exact) so it's a little more strenuous than most 4 mile hikes.

Here are some pictures!

This one's for you, mom. We were in BEAR COUNTRY..and survived.



Amazing view. This was during a break in the middle of the hike.


We got to cross a river on some logs :).






This one is for Morgan, proving that you can find good picture opportunities in Utah!
Here we are, at the top. There was snow!


And, of course, it wouldn't be an Anderson trip without a dorky video! (We know you love them)
It was FREEZING at the lake, that's why I am talking all funny. Plus, I sprinted to the top once I realized we had reached the lake. I was very hungry and very excited to eat my snacks.

I would recommend this hike to almost anyone! It was so fun! There are some tricky log crossing parts and the end of the hike gets pretty rocky, but other than that it's fairly easy. Just the drive to the trailhead was spectacular. It was totally worth it!

2 comments:

  1. I sure like you guys. I liked the video a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great video! Thank you for sharing your frozen voice!

    ReplyDelete