11/10/09

My Attempt to Be Trendy

Lately I've been seeing a lot of cute trends that I want to try. One of them being the flower clip. I think it's a really cute and classy little hair accessory. Note I said LITTLE. I'm so not into those humongous flowers that take up half the side of your head. Here are some examples:



So, while at the mall yesterday as I was picking up some awesome boots, I stopped in the store Icing. I saw some of these small flower clips and they were buy one, get one 50% off. So, I splurged and purchased a black rose bunch, and a cute brown flower similar to the second picture above. I think they are so cute! I just can't seem to figure out how to use them. This morning I tried to clip my black flower in my hair but I couldn't get it to work without it looking like a small animal created a nest on my head. I liked the look I got when I put it by a ponytail, but I wasn't in a ponytail mood today.

I know eventually I'll figure it out, but I thought I would turn to you, my loyal blogreaders. Have any of you tried this flower trend? How do you get it to work? Where exactly on your head to you place it? I don't want to look too "out there" with these flowers, but I really would like to wear them because I love them! Should I bag this altogether? Like I said, I really like the way they look when I use them with a ponytail or a messy bun, but other than that I can't seem to get it right, and I want to wear them more than just when I pull my hair back.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't worn any yet, but I agree, they're way cute! I may have to go buy one to try out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looked nice in your cell phone pic. I'm excited to see how it looks when you get home tonight!

    ReplyDelete