11/29/09

Thanksgiving Week

School has kept me busy as it nears the semester's end, so I've had little time for blogging. I was so grateful (even THANKful) for this 5-day break that accompanied the Thanksgiving holiday. I've gotten some things accomplished and got in plenty of relaxation, which was much needed.

We had our own little T&H Thanksgiving dinner. Tony's parents went to see his sister, Carleigh, in California and since we couldn't afford to take days off to go with them, we decided we wanted to do our own little feast. It was a lot of fun and very delicious! We started our day by going on a jog (our own little "Turkey Trot" if you will). We ran about a 5k distance since I hadn't been running in a while. It was really fun to go running together again. We'll have to do it more often! After showering off we began our meal.

We only had a turkey breast so it took about 4 hours to cook. I didn't make everything from scratch but some new recipes I did try from scratch were cranberry sauce and stuffing. Both were very successful recipes and I would make them again. I usually don't like cranberry sauce (especially when you can see the rings from the can still in it) so I decided that maybe making it fresh would be better--I was right! It was so yummy. And the stuffing was good enough to impress even my dad, the ultimate connoisseur of stuffing/dressing. Here are some pics from our Thanksgiving feast:





Tired, but trying to look happy!


On Friday I ventured out into the wild to find some deals on Christmas gifts. The crowds actually weren't as bad as I was imagining and I got some really great prices on a couple gifts for Tony. I also got to go out for lunch with my friend, Amie, and it was really fun to see her!

We wrapped up our exciting Thanksgiving weekend with a trip to the Greek Orthodox church in Salt Lake City today. No, we're not converting, I had to do an "inter-ethnic activity" for my racial and minority groups class. I suppose going to their service works. It was an interesting experience and it reminded me a lot of the time we went to church in Bulgaria. It was really fun to go on an interesting adventure. After the Liturgy was over we headed over to temple sqaure to take some pictures for Christmas cards. It was a really fun weekend! I'm kind of sad to see it come to an end, but excited that in two weeks, I'll be done with classes!

I hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

  1. Looks yummy and I like your new blog look but your pool closed on me!

    ReplyDelete