5/8/08

Monthly Fave

As promised, I am posting a favorite recipe I've tried this month. For the month of May I've chosen Fruit Pizza. Some people think this sounds gross, but it is sooo yummy! Try it!

(This picture isn't the actual one I made, but it works for illustration)

Fruit Pizza

  • Lots of fruit of your choice! I usually go with strawberries, kiwi, pineapple, and mandarin oranges
  • One container (just the normal size) of pineapple cream cheese
  • Roll of crescent roll dough
  • Pizza pan (I usually just pick up a foil one from the store)

1. Press the crescent roll dough into ungreased pizza pan. I find it easier to just kind of roll up the dough into a ball and then spread it into the pan, otherwise the little perforated triangles will pull apart when you bake it. You could also make your own roll dough but this is the simple, fast way.

2. Bake the dough according to directions on package (usually about 10-12 minutes)

3. Let dough cool completely after baking. When dough is cooled, spread pineapple cream cheese onto dough (this is your sauce!). Place fruit on pizza however you'd like, then enjoy!

Easy, huh?

2 comments:

  1. YUMMY! I want to try it. I think I have had it before on a giant sugar cookie. (Not quite as healthy)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha! I found you. After reading through all the entries for 2008 it is funny to see fruit pizza as an entry. I think you had it first in Indiana. You know, where all your stay close to home relatives live.

    ReplyDelete