5/13/08

We're Leavin' on a Jet Plane

It's official! We are going to Bulgaria! On Sunday Tony's parents so generously donated 120,000 SkyMiles and bought our tickets to Bulgaria. It wasn't easy, we are going to be professional airplane travelers by the time we get back with all the layovers and such. It's pretty smooth sailing on the way there but on the way back in order for it to work we had to fly pretty close to Christmas, stay two nights in Paris (bummer, I know), and have a 23-hour layover in Houston. If anyone knows anything fun to do in Houston, let us know!



I'm a little more nervous now that we actually have our plane tickets. Before it was still just kind of an idea but now it's official. Wow, I better get crackin' on my Bulgarian!



In other news, I've given up on attempting to snatch another job before we leave. I realized that no one that paid well was going to hire me for just the summer. So, I'll have my Tuesdays and Thursdays to stay at home, prepare for Bulgaria, and learn Bulgarian. There's surprisingly a lot to do to get ready for our big trip! Right now I'm setting up doctors appointments and we're working on trying to get a new camera. The digital camera I have is pretty dinky and kind of getting old and Tony's boss/uncle has a really cool camera/camcorder that we'd like to have. The brand is called Xacti and at Wal-Mart they are only $249




Hopefully we can snag one of those!


4 comments:

  1. Well, maybe if your a good boy and girl, "Uncle Sam" will bring you one for the 4th of July holiday. I love getting presents from "Uncle Sam"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I am so excited for you!! PLANE TICKETS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I am so excited for you!! PLANE TICKETS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so jealous!! No fair!! I know lots of things to do in Houston, so let me know if you're serious when it gets closer. I'll hook you up. ;)

    ReplyDelete