9/3/11

Bountiful Basket

This morning I headed to Vineyard Elementary to take part in my share of a food co-op called Bountiful Baskets.  I hadn't done it before, and Tony's mom recommended I try it.  I was a bit late, but I got there in time to get my haul.  I didn't know what to expect but man, was it worth it!

I forgot to take a picture before I put all of the food away (and I'm much too lazy to go get it back out) but here's what I got:

-this is all fresh food from gardens and restaurant suppliers-

2 bundles of spinach
1 head lettuce
4 tomatoes
4 peaches
2 of the biggest mangoes I've ever seen in my life
10-ish pears
10-ish adorable little plums
1 huge bunch of bananas
1 stalk celery
1 head cauliflower
15-20 yellow potatoes
1 bag of green grapes

All for 19 bucks!! And it's all fresh, too, which is important to me.  I'm SO going back next week.

If you're interested, its way easy to sign up.  In Utah contributions are taken from Monday morning at 10am to Tuesday evening at 8pm.  I think hey also do the co-ops in Arizona, California, and other Western sates. You just pay online with a credit card, pick your location and time, and (this was the hard part for me) remember to go get your goodies on Saturday!  You have to pay a first-time fee to pay for your basket that holds your produce, but after that you don't have to pay for the actual basket.

www.bountifulbaskets.org

It's fun because you never know whats going to be there when you show up.  I'm excited to try to plan my meals around what I get in my basket each week.

No comments:

Post a Comment