9/27/11

Spidey Senses

Today Audrey woke up from her nap just shrieking like I've never heard before.  Nothing I was doing was comforting her, and she wouldn't eat.  She kept rubbing one side of her head against my chest as I held her and she kept grabbing her ear.  My first thought was that she might have an ear infection, but she had no fever (I thought that was a main symptom).  I knew something was wrong, I could just feel it in my gut.  I can't explain it.  I sent Tony a text saying that I was taking her to after hours care.  He was home when I sent it and came in to help me assess the situation.  As soon as Tony grabbed Audrey she was completely fine. She acted happy, and when he touched her ear she didn't flinch.  (When I touched it she freaked out.)

I was pretty insistent that we go to the doctor but Tony was hesitant, probably thinking I was just being a nervous first-time mom.  We ended up going at 8pm and come to find out, my mom instincts were right.  DOUBLE ear infection.  I'm not going to say that I'm *glad* Audrey is sick, but it's nice to be able to say that I'm not just a crazy first-time mom that panics at every whimper.  I know a lot of people must think this about me, some have even told me they think I worry too much.  I feel like I know my baby pretty well now, and I could tell that she wasn't comfortable.  It's a good feeling.



No comments:

Post a Comment