11/14/11

The Dangers of Spinning

Lately I've been trying to get my exercise on to lose some of the lingering baby weight I'm sporting.  I've been running a bit and taking walks with Audrey.  Each Saturday I like to go to the gym and attend a fitness class to get some "alone time" and workout while I'm at it.  I'm usually a Zumba girl, but this week I decided to try something new:  Spinning.  Spinning is basically riding a stationary bike like a complete lunatic for 45 minutes.  They do it a lot on Biggest Loser and I was convinced that it would burn loads of calories, so I decided to give it a go.  I convinced my poor friend Cami to tag along, and she was a good sport waking up at 8am to go to Spin class with me.

Let me say that I'm sure Spinning DOES torch fat and calories.  But after giving it a second try, I hate it.  Not only is it BO-RING, but that stupid little seat, er, sorry, "SADDLE" is big enough for maybe a 100lb girl to perch her little boney bottom upon comfortably.  After 40 minutes of Spin class and sitting on that tiny seat, I feel like I did right after birthing a child.  The teacher attempted to offer comforting words: "after 3 or 4 times, you won't get numb anymore."  Sorry, babe, 3 or 4 times is 3 or 4 times too many for this girl.  Never again do I want to feel the after-pains of childbirth without actually having a baby.  I couldn't sit all day after that class... and I rather enjoy sitting.  It's been two days and my poor bottom is still feeling sore.

I don't want to completely rip on Spinning.  Some people love it!  Plus, it wasn't completely horrible.  The goober guy trying his best to flirt with the teacher was highly entertaining.  But, calorie burn or not, I'm never going back.  Ouch.

3 comments:

  1. Loved this post! Thanks for the laugh! (But sorry 'bout the bum!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahha I know what you mean but I LOVE spinning! Next to running it is my favorite form of exercise. You definitley have to give it more time but if it is not your thing its okay! Also some teachers are much more fun than others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this post! Seriously the most uncomfortable workout ever!..... and Yes it has been almost a week and my behind is still a little sore!

    ReplyDelete