11/1/11

Halloween - New Parent Style

When people say "a baby changes everything," they are right!  I wouldn't say I've gotten lazier--although sometimes I feel that's the case--I've just re-prioritized based on Audrey's needs and capabilities.  This year's Halloween was greatly affected by my new mom role.  I wasn't as "festive" as I usually get at Halloween, but I got to do new things that I never have thanks to sweet little Audrey.

Here are some examples of how my Halloween was different this year:
  • I bought a pumpkin at the last possible minute on Saturday, mere hours before our Murder Mystery party.  Even though I snagged one in time to put it out for decoration for the party, it was forgotten and spent the night in my truck.
  • Related to above point...I bought A pumpkin.  Only one!  Usually we buy at least two.  Last year we bought three!  One for Tony, one for me, and one for baby fetus (at the time), ha ha !
  • Our poor pumpkin remained faceless this Halloween.  First year in my life I haven't carved a pumpkin.  Instead, he donned a wig and fedora.  Very Michael Jackson-ish. :)
  • We went Trick-or-Treating!  We've never done this as a married couple because we never had anyone to take.  While we didn't take any candy for Audrey, we helped Candace get a good loot of goodies.  Audrey loved all of the kids and did a stellar job of being happy so close to her bedtime.  It was so fun to be out with all the kiddos again and I can't wait until next year when Audrey is a little more into it.
  • Because we went out, we weren't around to pass out candy.  I didn't really care too much about this.  We left out a bowl out and there were actually some left when we got home.  Of course it was all of the gross candy, but I was still impressed.
  • I went to the mall to check out the Trick-or-Treating there.  Lots of little kids were dressed up and very interested in baby Audrey.  She squealed and giggled with delight at all of the little monsters, princesses, and dragons.  It was fun to see her so happy.
  • My friend Cami (who also just had a baby) took us to Gardner Village for the Witch/Halloween festivities.  I had never been there and it was so fun!  It was quite the adventure getting there with two crying babies but once we got there all four of us had an enjoyable time.  Thanks Cami for showing us how to get there and enduring Audrey's meltdown!
So, there you have it.  Audrey sure has changed a lot, but I love her!  I joke around a lot about her being difficult, but I wouldn't change anything about her.  I can't imagine life without her! (Heck, I get sad when she goes to bed at night because I miss her so much.  I have to check on her at least three times before going to bed.)

I hope everyone had a Happy Halloween!



No comments:

Post a Comment