11/6/11

Making a Comeback!

I am attempting to get back into running shape and to help me do so, I've committed myself to running the Canyonlands Half Marathon this coming March.  I decided this several months ago but somehow my training ended up being sitting on my butt all day.  Realizing it was November, I panicked to get a training schedule in order and am happy to report that this weekend I started!  By March (according to my little schedule) I will be running over 13 miles and conquer my Half.  I got some spiffy pink running shoes, specially made for people with flat feet like mine, and lots of running gear for my birthday so I am ready to go!  I remember when doing a 5-mile run seemed like cake, now I'm lucky to go for 2!  I'm trying not to focus on what I used to be able to do.  Having a baby sure messes up yer innards and makes running kind of difficult.  I'll just keep my head up and think positive thoughts!

We won't talk about how incredibly sore I already am from my first 30 minute run....


No comments:

Post a Comment