11/2/11

The Little Things

I am behind with Audrey's baby book, so I will most likely refer to my blog to catch up to the current day.  I just wanted to document one of the sweetest moments I've had with Audrey.  It's small, but my heart is still swelling with love because of it.

Audrey went to bed very early tonight, about an hour before her typical bed time.  I was fine with it because it gave me more time to do some things.  I knew she'd be up around 9pm to eat since she went to bed so early, and right at 9pm she started making noise.  (She's started making raspberry noises to get our attention instead of crying.)  I went in and fed her in the dark so as not to fully wake her.  As she finished eating I picked her up and held her for a bit.  My sleepy little angel rested her head on my shoulder, grabbed onto my shirt, and let out a content sigh as we snuggled.  She's been struggling with going to bed lately and this instance just made me feel like everything is going to be okay.  After I held her for a bit and took in my snuggle I put her in her crib, gave her her lovey, and off she went to dreamland.  It was such a peaceful moment and something I needed after several nights of taking two hours to calm her down for bed.

I think I'll keep her ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment