11/15/11

Fabulous Food

We've been slowly but surely introducing Audrey to solid foods.  She's very interested in food, especially if it's something Tony and I are eating.  I haven't been too aggressive with giving her solids because I know she doesn't need them for nutrition quite yet.  Plus, to be honest, it's kind of messy :)

Her first food we tried was oatmeal.  Not a hit.  Next, we tried bananas and oatmeal and she loved it. 

Then, plain bananas.  This is hands-down her favorite food.

If we have a pretty ripe banana, she just chews on it.  We know that since its pretty mushy it probably won't choke her.  She gets so excited to when she sees bananas.  She's our little monkey!
I wanted her to try some unique foods and heard that avocados were terrific foods to give to babies because of their good fats. She gagged when I fed her avocados.

We then tried butternut squash, which she tolerates but I think she'd still prefer bananas.

We took a break from new foods until last night.  I made her some peas.  It didn't go over well.

So, squash and bananas it is for now!  I usually like to eat a banana for breakfast and if Audrey happens to see it, she goes nuts trying to get it from me.  Hopefully we can broaden her palate in the upcoming months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment