8/24/07

Don't Be Such A Baby!

This morning as I was sitting on our couch suffering from extreme boredom, I decided to glance at blackboard to see if anything for my new classes this fall had been posted. A couple of my classes had actually put some stuff up and the class with the most information was my Development in Infancy class. I was browsing through, getting excited to learn all of what seemed to be very interesting stuff, when I stumbled upon an Extra Credit assignment. I must say, I laughed out loud for a couple minutes after reading through it. It's quite simple, actually, just a little odd. The assignment is to block out a four hour period and, well, act like a baby. Crawl around on your hands and knees, restrain from communicating verbally (aside from grunts and goo-goo gaa-gaas), and use only very basic motor skills. How funny! I'm sure that if I take on this assignment Tony will have a very entertaining evening to look forward to. Apparently the purpose of this assignment is to come to a realization of or to remember how it is for an infant to live in this world. It seems like it's going to be very frustrating. I just hope I don't have to eat infant food. Ick!

No comments:

Post a Comment