11/3/08

Happy...Halloween?

We recently hosted our Halloween party for the home and after a weekend of recovering, I'm ready to post the pictures. Friday was very stressful for me as I made over a hundred donuts and prepared my little dance group for the perfomance of Thriller. I was so stressed I was dizzy!

We had our "little kid" party first. This party was for ages 12 and younger, and it was a blast! We started off with the performance of Thriller. The kids loved it even though we messed up a little. :) They seemed actually a little scared of us! We then had our donut eating game (where you have to eat a donut with no hands off of a string) and played Graveyard (similar to musical chairs but instead, when the music stops, you drop "dead" on the floor. Last person to drop is out!) and then danced. They loved our games and had a great time dancing.


I have to show you this video of this kid, Velo--he was awesome! A lot of other kids joined in after him and it's pretty entertaining until they start getting up in the camera...oh well, watch it anyway! It will make you chuckle.




The DONUT Game!
Haha, she was trying so hard to win!


Daniel won! :)



For some reason, Nasko wanted a picture of me trying to "get him". Maybe it was the zombie/mummy costume?


Tony and I both agree that the little kid party was more sucessful. They really seemed to enjoy it and everyone had a good time. The older kids party was more of a 'we provided donuts for a discoteca party' feel. After the donut game, most of them left to go to a disco a couple cities away, and the ones that stayed took out our cool Halloween music and pumped the Chalga. We did, after a while, sit in the dark and tell scary stories and that was fun. (It wasn't too scary for me, haha) One thing that really bugged me at the older kids' party was when we did the Thriller dance and all of the boys laughed so loudly! It was really fake, rude laughter at that. I realize that it was probably humorous for them to see us all dressed up like zombies and attempting to do a Michael Jackson dance, but they way they were laughing wasn't your typical "oh wow, that's funny" laugh. It was if they were mocking and taunting us. I felt so bad for the girls who were dancing with me because they got really embarassed, and I was quite embarassed myself.


I didn't want to put up this video, but Tony is making me. Just realize that we were all embarassed and that's why it isn't very good :(.
(Also, just so you know, this is in the middle of the dance..Tony forgot to start filming. We starting on the floor and when the music started began "rising from the dead" and making zombie noises. Fun stuff!)



Tony and I got a little scarier for the older kids' party.
I'm all ready for Thriller!
That's a whole lot of cheesecloth. I'm sure the lady at our local store thinks I'm nuts for buying 6 meters of it.


Skeletor!

*I made all of our face makeup. Because they don't have Halloween here, there's no face paint to buy! If you're ever in a pinch for some face paint, just mix one part cold cream and two parts baby powder and add water until it's the consistency you like. Works like a charm!*

All in all it was an okay Halloween. Tony and I aren't party people to begin with, so for us to host a party of 70 kids was quite the feat. We needed the whole weekend to recover! I think the kids really liked it, though. So that made it all worth it even if my forearms are still sore from rolling out donut dough. :)

3 comments:

  1. please get rid of that background music that comes on when the blog opens. I t is very annoying

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow--that's amazing. Great work!

    Hey, are you posting your pictures online? I'd be interested in seeing all of them someday. Maybe that's more of an "after you get back" sort of thing.

    I'm amazed--you are setting the bar pretty high for future interns!

    ReplyDelete